5 Ways to Upcycle
gerund or present participle: upcycling
- reuse (discarded objects or material) in such a way as to create a product of higher quality or value than the original.
April 30th is Earth Day 2019 and to celebrate we’re giving you 5 ways to upcycle your empty Organic Traditions bags and glass jars. All of our packaging is BPA free and food grade safe, making them perfect for reusing in the following ways.
- Reuse your superfood bags as snack bags!
- Our superfoods are all packaged in food grade safe ziplock sealed bags - making them perfect for storing your trail mix, sandwhiches, energy balls and more!
Store your bulk herbs and spices in our full spectrum jars
- Let’s face it, buying herbs and spices in bulk is a lot cheaper and more efficient than buying single bottles every now and then. It can be frustrating opening and closing the same miniature plastic baggie and to be honest, it can even be messy! Try storing your herbs and spices in your empty full spectrum jars. They’re the perfect size and they’re mess free!
Store your misc bulk items in your empty coconut oil and coconut spread jars.
- Perfect for storing bulk items like dried fruit, chocolate, candy, nuts and seeds - or even popcorn kernels as seen above!
Use your empty jars as pencil holders on your desk.
- Why buy a pencil holder when you can repurpose a glass jar?
Use your empty full spectrum or coconut oil jar to store your DIY superfood facemasks and scrubs!
These are just a handful of the many ways you can re-use, reduce and recycle - not just in April, but all year long.
What are your favourite things and ways to upcycle? Let us know in the comments!